Fedora Core 3 Belkin Crazy Mouse

Info info at cmis-inc.com
Sun Dec 5 20:29:58 UTC 2004

I just installed Fedora Core 3, no problems except that my mouse is totally
random until I disconnect and reconnect it.  I'm using a Belkin Omniview KVM
to switch between machines.

A Google search shows several postings about this.  It seems to be a known
bug going back to Fedora Core 1.

There is a work around http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla...glist=123273#c5
<http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/long_list.cgi?buglist=123273#c5>
Which suggests a fix and points to another (duplicate) bug.   One posting
had a long set of instructions on recompiling the kernel to fix this
problem.

Since I installed from RPM  and am some what timid about recompiling
kernels, I wondered if there was some sort of configuration change that
would solve this problem.  While there may be, the writers assumed that
their rather cryptic postings would be understandable.

If someone has solved this problem by editing file /xxx/yyy/zzz.something
and rebooted the system, I'd sure like to receive the details.

ghd