modprobe

brad.mugleston at comcast.net brad.mugleston at comcast.net
Mon Dec 6 05:34:19 UTC 2004

I'm still not getting any messages in /var/log/messages or
/var/log/dmesg about this card but I ignored that and tried some
other things out.

OK, I found out the Tools were already there and installed.
Interesting, it looks like everthing is there and runing but it
doesnt' want to be recognized enought to get the job done.

FC2 has a GUI setup for the card, it sees it and can do
everything except initalize it.  The card does light up much
brigher now and the data light does flash, not much but it's
flashing.

"ifconfig" shows packets going in and out so I'm getting to think
it's outside the machine.

Tomorrow I shut down all security on the hub and see what happens
- I may have it so tight I can't get in.

Are there any tools that tell you about signals the card has
found?  I know my son's notebook found 3 signals while at home
(one from our hub and the others from?)

I'll do some more reading about the tools and see where I can get
with that.

I also have used UP2DATE to upgrade all my software produced
after my CD's were produced - all except the kernel.  If I
decided to start again from scratch I'll upgrade that first.

Thanks for all the help so far.  Any wild ideas or suggestions
where to read I'm all for it.

Thanks,

Brad