FC2 - Samba setup

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Fri Dec 10 23:35:25 UTC 2004

Greetings Mark ,

Mark Knecht wrote:
> Whoopie! I got part of it working. Browsing from my Win XP Pro laptop
> to the shares on the FC2 box required running smbpasswd as root and
> adding user mark to the smb password file.

:))

Well now , in order for things to work the other way arrount , you just
have to use the

mount -t smbfs -o username=Mark  //Computername/Sharename  /mountpoint.

                                                    I still forget if
the slashes above are
forward or reverse .
And that's all of it .Transfering files between the two systems is
pretty fast .

Kind Regards,
    Kostas