Fedora Core3: How to make Module-Disk for Installation, Problems with megaraid

Andreas Tolle andtolle at tolle-netz.de
Sun Dec 12 19:21:02 UTC 2004

Hallo,

I have an HP LC2000 machine with an HP-NetRAID 2M controller and 5 disks
in raid 5. He runs with Suse 9.1 and the 2.6.5 kernel very well using
the megaraid (old) module.
Now I want to setup the Server with the Fedora Core3.
At startup, he loads the megaraid.mbox modul, but no harddisks are
found. Also when I add "linux acpi=off apm=off" (without quotes) in the
startup-screen.
Now I want to add the megaraid.ko module from Suse via module-disk
during the Installation manually, but I don't know, whitch format is
needed.
Or is there a chance to get the inbuild driver megaraid.mbox for
running well?

Thanks!   Andreas