Grub vs lilo

Otto Haliburton ottohaliburton at comcast.net
Thu Dec 16 01:31:36 UTC 2004

This statement is not true. No bootloader can boot from a drive that does
not have a MBR, cause the hardware transfer to that location.  If your bios
allows for booting from primary or slave drive then both lilo and grub can
and further more grub will boot linux or any OS no matter where it is
located so will lilo and they do this because the bootloader is not entirely
located in the MBR.  I think you are confusing grub with windows.  Windows
will not boot from any drive except the primary drive unquestionably.  And
the RAID statement is also untrue or you could not use and of the Fedora
Core products on RAID drives.  But no bootloader is perfect and grub and
lilo suffer from this weakness.