Wireless Problems

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Dec 27 19:59:40 UTC 2004

Bob wrote:
> I am having trouble getting a Proxim/Orinoco a/b/g Gold Combo card to
> work or configure on RedHat Professional Workstation.  I would
> appreciate any suggestions or help.  Thanks.

We need more information than "it's broken."  What's wrong with it?
Does the card show up when you do an "ifconfig -a" or an "iwconfig"?
Can't you connect to the access point?  Not getting an IP address from
your DHCP server?  Details, sir, details!  :-)
-  BASIC is the Computer Science version of `Scientific Creationism' -