OT:Apache question

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Fri Feb 20 04:00:58 UTC 2004

This is very off topic for a RH Install list, so please excuse me.

I'm determined not to become an Apache administrator in my home
recording studio here, but I do have Apache running. All I want is a
simple page that shows a list of file names when someone shows up at a
specific address at my web address.

http://marksmusic.blah.blah

does resolve as a web page. How can I make

http://marksmusic.blah.blah/files

simply show all the files in a specific directory on this machine?
Everything I try leads to messages about 'You don't have permission to
access /files/ on this server' type messages.

Most welcome would be some great little simple web page with a few
instructions.

Thanks in advance,
Mark