Netscape 4.7 install requiring old libraries

Keith O'Brien Keith at rga.com
Mon Feb 23 14:30:31 UTC 2004

I need to install an old version of Netscape 4.7 for qa purposes. The only
version I can find requires old glibc libraries. No surprise, linking to the
old libraries did not work. I believe ld-linux.so.1, and the other files can
be found in glibc1.

I was wondering what the best way to get the old libraries and have them
available for netscape with out affecting the rest of the system would be.

Error message when attempting to run netscape.
"-bash: ./netscape: /lib/ld-linux.so.1: bad ELF interpreter: No such file or
directory"

List of missing libraries:
ld-linux.so.1
libdl.so.1
libc.so.5
libm.so.5

This is for both RH9 and Fedora systems.

Thanks,
Keith.