Network configuration

Cherukuri Srinivasa Rao cherukuri_sr at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 20:17:23 UTC 2004

Hi all

Just begining with Redhat Linux

I am required to update the following mentioned information on the two systems which are placed on the network.I have the root password and visiting the data warehouse where these two systems are placed.So no need of commands are required to log on to these systems remotely.The following parameters are to be modified.

IP address
Default gateway
Netmask Information

No changes are required to hostname and domain name.

We have two Dell machines loaded with Redhat. About version, I am not sure. Likely to be 8.

I was told that the file to be edited is /etc/sysconfig/neetwork.

Pl make a note that GUI is not available and these changes are to be made using CLI.

Pl try to help me by providing step  by step instructions.

Thanks in advance

shra1996