Question

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Sat Jul 31 21:51:54 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:
> Mugleston, Brad wrote:
>
>> I've got a related question - I've been using fetchmail since RH 5.2
>> and it works great.  With my upgrade to RH9 the display of
>> fetchmailconf is so large it doesn't fit on the screen and there is no
>> way to size it (that I know about).  I've checked the fetchmail site
>> and found no help there.
>>
>> Is there a way to change the display size of a program? I've tried
>> pulling the sides/bottom/corner in but it doesn't work.  I can move
>> the display from side to side but when the display goes off the bottom
>> it's lost.   I'm running fairly high resolution on a 19" monitor and
>> the display is huge.
>

> Huh? fetchmail's display size is big?  fetchmail doesn't spit anything
> out except errors normally.

Rick , you are forgetting something here . For as far as i recall , from
fetchmail 5.9 it can be intstructed to print hashes or asterisks i don't
recall which as a progress indicator besides error messages .

It goes and gets mail from multiple
> external accounts and puts it in your local mailbox.  I'm not sure what
> you're talking about, Brad.  Are you sure you're not talking about your
> mail client (mutt, elm, pine, Evolution, Mozilla, Thunderbird)?

Now if Bob is correct and Brad is talking about fetchmailconf and not
fetchmail itself  then on Magellan the OK / Save options appear on top
of screen and not on bottom so it's not a problem . Well i am using
fetchmail 6.2.5 and fetchmailconf 1.43 .
Another thing that might be usefull to Brad is
 From Norton Control Center --> Desktop ---> Panels --> Hiding  he
can hide the panel temporarily and therefore enlarge the viewable
area .
One last thing might be this
On the Panel besides the numbers that represent the virtual desktops
  ( the 1 2 3 4 numbers ) there are a couple of small arrows . If someone
pressses then he is presented with a Panel Menu which has a Configure
Panel option and a Size option which might be helpfull

To the original Poster Brad Mugleston :

You said that you are using a 19" monitor . In which case am forced to
assume that you are using a screen resolution which is no case is less
than 1024*768 . Any resolution smaller than that would appear enormous
in your monitor .