RH equivalent to winipcfg?

Jeff Kinz jkinz at kinz.org
Tue Jun 1 16:14:03 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 10:17:10AM -0700, Eric Whitcombe wrote:
> > = JK
> they wanted to know quickly what IP address their DHCP server gave them.
Correct, and they wanted it in a gui program, hence
redhat-config-network.

>      Your responses are producing a highly didactic and fatuously
> brow-beating output that seems
> to serve only to demonstrate your superior intelligence. Please refer to the
> craigslist in your area for
> psychological counseling and therapy services.

I suspect both the irony and hypocrisy of your statement above is probably
lost on you.  You've been posting here for about a month.  Please
go to the web site for this list http://rhil.org and find the link to
the FAQ for this list and read it.  This should provide you with more of
a clue on the expected behavior for this list.  Please keep in mind
that the standards of behavior that would be acceptable in some Windows
lists are not acceptable here.

At any rate, emulating individuals Like Rick Stevens, Bob Mclure and a
host (most) others in this list would be a very good idea.

Here is a quote from Eric Raymond's essay on how to ask questions the
smart way that applies since you're unhappy with me telling to change
your posting style:
<QUOTE>
Get over it. It's normal. In fact, it's healthy and appropriate.

Community standards do not maintain themselves: They're maintained by
people actively applying them, visibly, in public. Don't whine that all
criticism should have been conveyed via private mail: That's not how it
works. Nor is it useful to insist you've been personally insulted when
someone comments that one of your claims was wrong, or that his views
differ. Those are loser attitudes.

Remember: When that hacker tells you that you've screwed up, and (no
matter how gruffly) tells you not to do it again, he's acting out of
concern for (1) you and (2) his community. It would be much easier for
him to ignore you and filter you out of his life. If you can't manage to
be grateful, at least have a little dignity, don't whine, and don't
expect to be treated like a fragile doll just because you're a newcomer
with a theatrically hypersensitive soul and delusions of entitlement.
</QUOTE>

--
Jeff Kinz,  Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.
"jkinz at kinz.org" is copyright 2004.