su command hangs

Ruby Domalanta rdomalan at dairy-farm.com.ph
Wed Jun 9 02:52:04 UTC 2004

Hi Guys,

Is there anybody who are using QVT as emulator and use SSH1/SSH2 to logon to
their linux box? Basically, we have a RH AS3 and we've been trying to ssh'ed
to it using QVT. It went well but when I issued su command it hangs. BTW,
our box is using PAM.

I even also tried to used Putty as emulator and logon using ssh. It was
successful even with su command. So seems the problem lies  between the
QVT/ssh or maybe the PAM. This really gives me a lot of headaches because I
am new to Linux. Please help!

Regards,
Ruby Ann Domalanta