DHCP suddenly not working

Brenden T. brenden at rcsis.com
Sat Jun 12 03:49:56 UTC 2004

Rick Stevens wrote:

> That's weird.  Have you watched the log or run it in the foreground to
> see what it's doing?  Is it possible that the module used to drive that
> NIC is having issues negotiating a speed or flow control issue?  What
> kind of cards are you using?

That's a good idea, I hadn't even considered hardware problems.  If this
doesn't fix it I might try to fiddle with the hardware.

I don't know any more what type of cards I've got!  They were $10
network cards from Fry's!  I think they'reLinksys 10/100 Network
Everywhere cards, but I'm not sure. I think it uses the eepro100
driver.  The other driver I have is natsemi, which I think is for the
Netgear card I have.