Network freezing

Tapas Ranjan sarangi at bpost.kek.jp
Sun Jun 13 11:33:53 UTC 2004

Hi :
	I am a new chap to Linux. After installing RH9.0 on my
DELL-inspiron, I tried to use my wireless card, by putting it
through eth1. There is some network provided, where I am working,
but when I try to login and open some application in some other
machine(which is also under same network, but under firewall) using
wireless-network through my laptop, the network freezes. It only
works for a few second about 40 sec or so.
	The terminal used for ssh freezes and does not respond.
/sbin/ifconfig eth1 gives this result :

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:E0:00:13:2B:51
          inet addr:xxx.xx.xx.xxx  Bcast:xx.xx.xx.xxx  Mask:xxx.xxx.xxx.0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:100
          RX bytes:56801 (55.4 Kb)  TX bytes:84406 (82.4 Kb)
          Interrupt:3 Base address:0x100

The packets doesn't change until I do the network restart by
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network restart

	But it freezes again, if I try to use the network.
Can anybody please suggest something. Please write
if you need any other or more information.

	Cheers
	---Tapas