Help w/Uninstall

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Jun 17 20:20:33 UTC 2004

LinKins6 at aol.com wrote:
> Thank you so much for your response... and yes, that is what I'm wanting to do however, whenever I power up the laptop it goes through it's booting sequence and it does not give me an opportunity to load anything...The cursor stops at a grub>
> it wants a command?????????????
>
> I'm sorry to be a pain.... just don't have a clue how to stop this runaway...

When you boot the laptop, you must have your new media inserted.  If
you're installing Windows, make sure the Windows CD is in the CD-ROM
drive BEFORE you reboot the machine.

You may have to enable booting from CD-ROM.  Boot the laptop and press
the "DEL" key to get to the BIOS of the laptop.  Scroll through the
choices until you see "Boot Devices".  Go into that menu and make sure
the laptop tries to boot off CD _before_ it tries the hard disk.

I can't be more clear since I don't know what kind of laptop you have
nor do I know which BIOS it runs.  You should be able to check the
owner's manual to see how to get to the BIOS and change this setting.
-        Brain:  The organ with which we think that we think.        -