RedHat on Dell I8600

Yung H. info at smart-dev.com
Fri Jun 18 06:00:06 UTC 2004

> Check the memory size of the card in xorg.conf and make sure it reflects
> how much RAM is actually on the card (it sometimes guesses wrong).
Also
> use "system-config-display" and make sure you have the right monitor
> specified there.  If the system got the monitor wrong, it won't let
you
> set up configurations that'll violate the monitor's sync rates.
>
> When you change your resolution and it won't start, check the X logs
> and see if there's an issue that's logged.

Hi Rick, thanks for the reply!

I'm not sure which model the monitor for the Inspiron 8600 is, so I
tried using the Generic LCD monitor for 1920x1200 using the
system-config-display command you suggested and when I tried that X
didn't crash, but it just got stuck on a blue screen.

Also I'm not sure on which section of the xorg.conf I need to specify
the amount of memory, I think it's not even specified at this moment,
can you advise where I can see that information?

Thanks again!
Yung.