RPMs and Internet speed

Danesh Daroui Danesh.D at bredband.net
Fri Jun 25 12:54:21 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have a serious problem with mly recently installed Fedora Core 2. The first problem is when I want to install a RPM package it asks me to associate a program to run RPM package and ask me the path of program which can open RPM packages. It is strange because why they didn't set it up to recognize and open RPM packages automatically. Anyway, what should I do ? Where is the program which can open RPM packages. Another problem is that my internet conection speed in my Linux installed system is too low. I don't know if firewall of Linux do something or not but it is very low. Have you any idea to fix it ? By the way, do you have any idea how can I have any indicator like windows system near the clock of system which shows if data transmition is in process or not ? In windows there is two small computer which show if you are sending or receiving data from and to internet, is there something like that in Linux too ?

Regards,

Danesh Daroui