httpd cgi in /home

karlp at ourldsfamily.com karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Fri Jun 25 13:00:50 UTC 2004

Since upgrading to 8.0 from 7.0 and getting everything working nicely,
I've tried and fiddled with httpd.conf to get ExecCGI to work where the
following directive is used within a user's public_html directory:

<!--#exec cmd="./show_access.sh passdparm" -->

I've changed the extention to .cgi, too, but it worked as is before. I've
also put show_access.sh in /var/www/cgi-bin to no avail.

httpd.conf <Directory /home/usr/public_html/dir> has:
 Allow from all
 Options +ExecCGI +Includes +MultiViews +FollowSymLinks
</Directory>

I put the '+' there because httpd v2.0.40-8 requires it to override global
settings preventing these directives from working in user directories.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Karl Pearson
karlp at ourldsfamily.com
http://consulting.ourldsfamily.com
http://emailgroups.ourldsfamily.com
 If you don't think the dead come back to life, Be here at quitting time
 --
 My Thoughts on Terrorism In America: http://www.ourldsfamily.com/wtc.shtml