How to list all OS users on RH 9 ?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon Jun 28 17:45:42 UTC 2004

sg at pobox.com wrote:
> On RedHat Linus command is who -q

That only lists the users currently logged in, Rajeev.

Bob's awk script:

	awk -F: '{if($3>499)print $1}' /etc/passwd

will list all users with a user ID >= 500 from the passwd file, which is
probably more what he wants (Red Hat's "adduser" script starts adding
users with user IDs starting at 500 unless overridden with a "-u").

And please bottom-post in the future, Rajeev.
> On Monday 28 June 2004 07:42, Yan Peng wrote:
>
>>redhat-install-list:
>>
>>	 On solaris, there is one command listusers to list all OS users. I'd like
>>to know what command can do the same work on RH 9 ? Many thanks.
>>

>>Yan Peng
>>yanpeng at mx.cei.gov.cn
>>2004-06-28

-   UNIX is actually quite user friendly.  The problem is that it's  -
-              just very picky of who its friends are!               -