General Problems

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Wed Mar 17 22:45:13 UTC 2004

Jim Hayward wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 12:17, Rick Stevens wrote:
>
>>Matthew Galgoci wrote:
>>
>>>Yay for comcast! It's about bloody time they blocked outbound smtp :)
>>
>>I don't know for sure if that's what they're doing, but I suspect it
>

> Well whatever Comcast is doing I hope they keep it up. I would guess at
> least 70% of the SPAM e-mails I receive come from Comcast ip addresses.
> I constantly report SPAM e-mails to them.
>
> Since Comcast apparently started their crack down last week I have not
> received a single SPAM e-mail from one of their ip addresses. I'm
> impressed. My Spam Assassin install has not been getting much of a
> workout lately. :-D

Well, judging from the rest of the thread, I guess that's what Brad's
problem is.  They meshed the network and probably put the block on port
25.

BTW, we do all of Comcast's FLASH streaming now.  We stream about 30TB
per month for them.
-     If you can't beat your computer at chess...try kickboxing!     -