Bootup: cannot execute /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

VB vboyt at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 3 05:11:31 UTC 2004

Hi,
 I just modified my /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit since I've
been having problems with the 2.6.3 kernel.  Now on
bootup I can't execute the /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit file
(that's what the kernel tells me on bootup)...assuming
the file has some syntax error or something, as the
file is executable.

I have a backup of a working copy and the "broken"
copy both on a floppy and on the linux partition, how
can I boot an alternate /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit? how can
I verify the correctness of a modified
/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit? I'm using grub, RH9 and FC1.

Thanks.