Kernel Panic in RH 7.2

bbb at it.net.au bbb at it.net.au
Sun Mar 7 03:25:06 UTC 2004

Hello there!

I have two hard disks installed, on one sits Win 98. I am attempting to
install RH on the second disk. Both disks work well and I can find no
problem any where in the system.

After stepping through the installation process, I successfully partition
the second hard disk, select LiLo to be in the MBR and select packages to
install. The process then attempts to format the partitions, starting with
hdb4. I then get  a screenful of error messages finishing with

"Kernel Panic. Interupt handler not syncing"

Occassionally I am provided with a "this is likely to be a bug" message and
have attached the dump.

I don't see how this can be a bug, as I have succesfully installed RH 7.2
and 9 on this system before.

Any help?

Cheers
Barry