to bob mcClure

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 15 03:16:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, Mar 14, 2004 at 09:41:49PM -0500, jim wrote:

> I tried to disable legacy usb devices but it didn't work.
> but that gave me an idea.  even though I unplugged my keyboard from ps2
> the microsoft keyboard driver still existed on the system. so I
> uninstalled the microsoft driver from my notebook and now linux rescue
> is working but I used the keyboard on my notebook.
>
> thanks for the idea.
>
> now I have to contend with
> "do you want to start the network interfaces on the system?"

If you don't need it for the purposes of your "rescue", say "no".

IIRC you wanted to use parted.  You might look at Appendix G.3 of The
Fine Manual

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/

for some useful info.  IIRC, you're using Fedora Core 1, but it's
still applicable.

> I will search around a bit and see if I can figure out what that does.
>
> couldn't find anything on it.
> the regular install instructions in my book don't mention it
> so I will say no.

That's safe.

> thank you for the  words of encouragement,
> later
> marvin

Glad I could help.

Cheers,