RH 9 automount resets and cron.daily

Chiu, PCM (Peter) P.C.M.Chiu at rl.ac.uk
Wed Mar 17 11:03:20 UTC 2004

In the system log file /var/log/messages, there are repeating messages at

04:02:00 systemx rpc.mountd: authenticated mount request from machinex for
/disks/folderx

and on the client that has a NFS file system automounted,

04:02:00 systemy automount:[pid]: attempting to mount entry /disks/folderx
04:06:34 systemy automount:[pid]: expired /disks/folderx

Can anyone tell me why the automounted file systems gets reset and needs to
be remounted
at that time of the day?

The only possibly clue I can find is relating to cron.daily, but cannot
pinpoint what that is.

This has been  causing undesireable resets on the file systems.

Thanks.  Peter