Bad Monitor

Bob McClure Jr robertmcclure at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 17 23:25:04 UTC 2004

Please make your mailer wrap lines every 72 chars or so.  I'll
reformat this.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 03:01:14PM -0800, Info wrote:
> I've changed monitors on a Redhat 8 system.  Went from NEC to Dell
> (kvm hooked to Win2K machine).  When the Dell monitor is connected
> to X on the linux box, it blinks it's led's and has a blank screen.
>
> Its clear I need to change the config.  But I can't use the gnome
> utility (I suspect it doesn't work anyway) because I can't see the
> gui.
>
> Does anyone know what to change to fix this?
>
> Sign me, Blinky

Hit Ctrl-Alt-F2 and log in as root.  Then run

  redhat-config-xfree86

If that doesn't work, try

  redhat-config-xfree86 --reconfig

Cheers,
robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
Forgive your enemies -- nothing annoys them more.