file types and programs

Fred Grant fdgrant at powercom.net
Thu Mar 18 16:52:25 UTC 2004

I'm still having a problem getting Adobe Acrobat to be included as a
viewer of pdf files on rh9 GNOME.  I can't include it through the edit
process because it isn't listed as an option.  I have modified my PATH
to include the path to acroread.

I think the key is to add it as a "service" but the help pages are vague
(to this newbie) as to how it should be done.  How do I describe the
service?  What is the protocol that is asked for?

I'm hoping that one of you gurus has either already done this or is
willing to do it and pass along your results.

Thanks