Canna server

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu Mar 18 20:48:37 UTC 2004

Christophe GAUBERT wrote:
> Hi every one
>
> I have recently noticed that I have a Canna server running. After a little search on the web, it seems that it has something to do with japanese characters. I don't understand  when this application had been added !
> The last packages I have added are XEmacs and Xfig. Do you think that Canna server is a dependance of those packages ? Is there a way to know this ?

The dependency tree says that only xemacs requires canna, but I don't
think it truly does.  Just shut down canna if you don't want it running.
You could probably just "rpm -e --nodeps" Canna and deal with the
consequences (which won't be much unless you use xemacs to enter
Japanese data).
-           Blech!  ACKth!  Ooop!  -- Bill the Cat (Outland)         -