OT/Counting HTTP headers in Apache's logs

Radu Filip radu at tuiasi.ro
Sat Mar 20 16:26:11 UTC 2004

Hi,

according with
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_log_config.html.en#formats
Apache 1.3 does not know to log traffic _including_ size of HTTP headers.

Searching on the web I found a module called mod_logio which can do that,
but is always available for Apache 2.0.

I am interested to find a way to have in Apache's TransferLogs the size of
the resource requested AND size of both HTTP headers (request and replay).
I am interested to log only the total: HTTP request + HTTP header replay +
size of resource

Do you know any way I could do that, please? (My Apache 1.3 is running
under RH Linux 7.3)

Note: updating to Apache 2.0 or using a different web server is not an
option.

Thank you!