Compaq Proliant Storage System U2 and Kouwell adapters

Michael Ault mikerault at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 21 22:12:28 UTC 2004

I am trying to configure a shared storage system using
the Compaq Proliant Storage System U2 with Kouwell
Scsi cards to two RedHat 3.0 AS systems. This uses the
initio drivers. I have got the systems to "see" the
array but the one plugged into channel 1 sees only the
first 6 drives and the one plugged into channel 2 sees
only the last 6 drives. I need both systems to see all
the drives. I get devices 1-15 when looking at the
configuration tool at boot time, but with Linux system
1 the first six drives show up with 1-6 as the first
drives listed and nothing for the second set, and with
linux system 2 I get drives 7-13 showing up as 1-6 and
nothing showing up as 7-13.

Any one seen this type of behavior? Do I have to use a
SCSI switch? (I hope not, those darn things are
expensive).

Mike

=====
Michael R. Ault