help needed

shatam bhattacharya mailshatam at yahoo.co.in
Wed Mar 24 21:41:45 UTC 2004

thanks for the reply. Our college has subnetted the hostels on the basis of the 3rd octet and for our hostel the subnet mask is 255.255.242.0 The allowed ips are from 172.31.64.0 to 172.31.67.255; This arrangement is working fine in some of my friends systems(in this hostel) but I am having this problem. should I change the slot ??
bye
kk

I'm surprised you have a static IP, I would expect DHCP - check with your support area, that may be your problem.