Gnome - drag from desktop to desktop?

Mark Knecht markknecht at comcast.net
Thu Mar 25 01:45:16 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-03-24 at 15:43, Rick Stevens wrote:

> As in from workspace to workspace?  If you right-click on the icon in
> the upper left corner of the window (the "v"), you'll see "Move to
> workspace N".  Select one and it'll go there.  There's also "Put on
> all workspaces".  You can also right-click on the app's entry on
> the menubar and select "Put on all workspaces".
>
> In Gnome, "when in doubt, right-click on something!"

Rick,
   Thanks. This one I knew about. However, the feature I was looking for
accomplishes the same thing via a drag-and-drop operation instead of a
right click operation.

   It's not a big deal. I'm just used to doing it that way in fluxbox
and suddenly realized how much I was missing it under Gnome!

   As always, thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Mark