rpm question on updates

Chuck Campbell campbell at accelinc.com
Thu Mar 25 13:22:24 UTC 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 12:24:55PM -0600, Bob McClure Jr wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 11:50:33AM -0600, Chuck Campbell wrote:
> > I downloaded all of the .i386.rpm files in the fc-1 updates directory,
> > and all arrived apparently intact.
> >
> > When I try to do:
> > rpm -Fvh httpd*i386.rpm
> >
> > all I get is this:
> > warning: httpd-2.0.48-1.2.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
>
> That's innocuous.  Shouldn't be a problem.
>
> > subsequent rpm -qa|grep httpd shows the packages have not been updated.
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?
>
> Any other errors?  Were you doing this as your mere mortal self or as
> root?  It must be the latter.

Oops, I'm sometimes brain dead.

I actually did grep httpd /var/log/rpmpkgs, which (of course) showed the
old packages, since it was only updated the night before I did my updates.

When I came back to look again (after your helpful note), I see all is well.

thanks for helping the mentally handicapped anyway,
-chuck