Remove Windows permanently; Can installer run from ntldr/boot.ini?

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sat Mar 27 13:05:04 UTC 2004

On Friday 26 March 2004 19:36, Me wrote:
> I am looking to convert many existing WinNT/2k/XP machines to rh,
> automatically. However, getting the installer to run, hands-off, no
> floppy or cd,, seems to be a challenge.
how do you mean? You wipe the MBR and you want it to install automatically?
Have you looked into PXE? (assuming your hardware supports this).
the only other way that i can think of is (as Rick says) a kickstart install,
for which you will need a CD or floppy as a boot medium, although you can
customise this to automatically install from the network. (more easily done
on a floppy than a CD, but possible on both)

have you set up a network install server?

--
Stuart Sears RHCE, RHCX