Problem with Fedora Disc 2 xsane

Michael Ferioli michael at ferioli.com
Tue Mar 30 17:01:47 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm new to Fedora and I've encountered a rather annoying problem while installing.

I've selected "EVERYTHING" when asked which packages to install.  I get through Disc 1 no problem.  Part of the way through Disc 2 I get the following error:

"The package xsane-0.91-1 cannot be opened. This is due to a missing file or perhaps a corrupt package. If you are installing from CD media this usually means the CD media is corrupt, or the CD drive is unable to read the media."

I have checked the MD5 checksum of the ISO and it is correct.  I have burned the CD 3 times always with the same results.

What's especially annoying is there seems to be no way to just skip this package since I don't even own a scanner!

Any help is appreciated!

Michael
michael at ferioli.com