want to get some primary queries answered!!

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Mon May 3 19:46:02 UTC 2004

Some desktop environments, such as KDE already capture the look and feel
of Windows quite closely. Or you may want to work within a existing
desktop environment framework (such as KDE, GNOME, or others) to develop
a style that looks very close to windows. Of course proprietary features
such as the Windows Logo, and certain other proprietary features that
make the Windows desktop what it is will have  to be excluded to avoid
problems  with Microsoft lawyers.

I would check the existing desktop environments that are already out
there. I am not familiar with them all but I think there are a few which
feature styles and themes that make the desktop appearance pretty close
to Windows.

mylar