RPM for PHP 4.3 upgrade

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu May 27 15:47:26 UTC 2004

Roger Harrell wrote:
>  >> I have RedHat 9 with the default 4.2.2 install of PHP. I want to
>  >> upgrade to 4.3 without changing any config options. I may build
>  >> from source, but I'd like to know if there are RPMs available for
>  >> upgrading. I wasn't able to find anything on the RedHat site.
>  >
>  > Remember that RH9 is dead.  It end-of-lifed on April 30.  Any future
>  > upgrades will need to come from the fedora legacy project.  Try their
>  >  website (http://www.fedoralegacy.org).
>
> I was aware and found an upgrade for the fedora core. Can proceed with
> confidence with that update? I haven't been following fedora legacy
> project so am not up to speed on the situation.

There are probably newer support packages needed for the FC PHP RPM.
An attempt at an install will probably list quite a few dependencies
that must be satisfied before it'll go on.

If you plan to stay with RH9, then I'd really recommend you do keep up
with the Fedora Legacy project, as that's the only place you'll be able
to get update RPMs.
-   "Do you suffer from long-term memory loss?"  "I don't remember"  -
-                            -- Chumbawumba, "Amnesia" (TubThumping) -