4 GB Limit with ftp?

Kenneth Goodwin kgoodwin at datamarktech.com
Sun May 30 17:12:50 UTC 2004

If you are running a 32 bit version of RH9 Kernel,
you may be running into an OS limit on maximum
file size. If you have source, check the disk inode
structures filesize variables
to see if they are 32 bit values.

Dont know if it applies to RH9 in your case, but you might
want to check that possibility before starting another
download.

The 4gb limit wont apply to disk structures such as
partitions as they are addressed in terms
of BLOCKS.  your problem sounds like this might be the
issue.

Of mylar
>  Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2004 11:58 PM
>  To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
>  Subject: Re: 4 GB Limit with ftp?
>

>  Hmmm...I dunno much about file size limits with Mozilla
but
>  if you are
>  downloading via ftp can't you try another ftp client ?
"ncftp",
>  "gnuFTP", "axyftp" or other ftp client ?
>
>  mylar
>

>  On Sat, 2004-05-29 at 12:56, rab wrote:
>  > Currently, I'm using Red Hat 9. I tried downloading the
>  dvd version of
>  > Fedora Core 2 but I ran into the 4 GB limit with
Mozilla
>  1.5. (I had
>  > installed 1.6 but had to re-install 1.5 because 1.6
kept