Trouble configuring Red Hat 7.2

mylar micros50 at computer.net
Wed May 5 03:27:00 UTC 2004

I had the same problem. A while ago I tried to install redhat 7.1 on a
new Dell machine with an onboard Intel graphics card. The installation
went smooth but I couldn't run X because the drivers were not available
in the 7.1 distro. I managed to download the drivers but I  still had to
upgrade the kernel and XFree86. Then i still couldn't get the drivers to
compile until I analyzed the error messages and fixed the driver source
code (a problem with function arguments), and made a patch.
Fortunatelly I have enough experience to allow me to do this. Finally I
got them to compile and I got the video to work. But ultimately it was
all for naught, a week later I installed Fedora which already had all
the drivers needed to run the newer machine.

In any event, these are some  of the problems you run into when
installing a older distro on a new machine.

mylar