Recover Corrupt /dev

Algis Zyle azyle at integrity-software.com
Wed May 5 17:35:22 UTC 2004

Thanks....Sorry about the xxxx,more specific in the future... I just
know it was a device in /dev....My question thought....When I boot the
machine, It does mount the Hard Drives fine...(aren't those in /dev also
??)...and my modem works via Hylafax (/dev/ttys1) if I do a file on st0
it says it's a special file and looks ok...

After I boot in rescue mode.....I can use the old /dev/st0 item
(/mnt/sysimage/dev/st0) and cpio works fine....Doesn't that prove that
it isn't in fact corrupted ??