NFS error message

Waldher, Travis R Travis.R.Waldher at boeing.com
Thu May 6 16:24:16 UTC 2004

I have a problem with Omniback not being able to enter a NFS file system
to do backups.  It can access the other NFS mounted the other
filesystems that are on the same NFS server as this one filesystem
causing the issues.  My syslog, is showing these errors:

May  6 08:50:33 cfs3 kernel: NFS: short packet in readdir reply!
May  6 09:00:33 cfs3 kernel: NFS: short packet in readdir reply!
May  6 09:00:33 cfs3 kernel: NFS: short packet in readdir reply!

I can go in manually and all appears ok.  So.. Now I have NO idea what
could cause that with ONLY Omniback.   If I use another system (HP/UX)
to do the same thing.  It works just fine.