xfce4 menu

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri May 7 17:04:02 UTC 2004

Tapas Ranjan wrote:
> Hi :
> 	Anybody, please suggest !!
>

> 	I am using RH9 and xfce4 window manager. "Right click" on the
> window doesn't help much to see all the menu items. Could anybody please
> suggest, if there is any solution to see all the menu items in xfce4,
> like what you see in GNOME or KDE.

I think that's an issue where xfce4 doesn't take into account the
position of its menu display in regards to the edges of the screen.  As
a result, the menu gets chopped off at the screen edge.

I don't use xfce4 myself.  You might try hitting xfce4's site
(http://www.xfce.org/index.php) and seeing if they have any suggestions.

I just did that and there is a "How do I modify the right click root
menu?" in their FAQ:

http://www.xfce.org/index.php?page=documentation&lang=en#menu

It all appears to be XML-driven, so you may be able to tweak it yourself
fairly easily.

Really, a simple Google search for "xfce4" would have revealed all this
to you.
-      "Microsoft is a cross between The Borg and the Ferengi.       -
-  Unfortunately they use Borg to do their marketing and Ferengi to  -
-               do their programming."  -- Simon Slavin              -