Trouble configuring Red Hat Linux 7.2

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue May 11 17:20:37 UTC 2004

Pedro Morales wrote:
> --- Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

[major snippage]
>>>Ok guys, FC1 is live and running in our classroom,
>>
>>we
>>
>>>did it on my computer first for testing, it
>>>autodetected everything, and managed to discover
>>
>>how
>>
>>>to get my DHCP, DNS, Proxy and well, everything I
>>>needed for my college LAN, I have to say I love
>>
>>the
>>
>>>security on Linux.
>>>
>>>Now we have a new bump, we need to conect to our
>>>server which is running Windows 2003 Server wich
>>
>>has a
>>
>>>MSCHAP V.2 encryption, couldn't find any option in
>>>Linux (so far) that allows me to connect to a
>>
>>Windows
>>
>>>server using this encryption mode.
>>>
>>>I found out in the internet that Linux needs a
>>
>>patch
>>
>>>to allow this, but I'm wondering, since FC1 is a
>>>Project and it's newer, does FC1 has this option
>>>somewhere or do I have to do it on text mode?
>>
>>You'll need to do it in text mode.  FC1 doesn't have
>>a GUI-based patch
>>or tweak tool.
>

> how do I do this?

It depends on the patch you get.  Once you download and extract the
patch code, there should be an INSTALL or README file that explains the
process.  Since I don't know what patch you're talking about, I can't
help beyond that.  If you want to post a link to where you found this
information, I might be able to help more.
-   To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion.    -