New Server on RH8.0

Karl Perason karlp at ourldsfamily.com
Fri May 14 02:32:06 UTC 2004

Wow, a long time since I posted...

I just (finally) upgraded our email/web server from RH7 to RH8 as I asked
about a bunch of months back. I was forced into it. The new features are
dandy, however, and I'm enjoying setting up clamav and squirrelmail,
spamassassin and majordomo (done: perl tweaks via CPAN).

Issue 1: email out of the system goes out (as this one will so I hope
y'all get it) as being from the entire hostname rather than just the
domain.

Issue 2: Clamav 1.3: if I upgrade to Clamav 1.5, will I be able to have
email scanned on the way in without jumping through as many hoops? RPM
version available for 1.3. RPM for 1.5 yet? (being lazy there...)

Issue 3: clamav has an option for --mbox for email scanning, but if the
--remove switch is used, it removes the entire raw email file, not just
the virus infected email. Any ideas there?

Thanks all,

--
Karl Pearson
karlp at ourldsfamily.com