Emulation

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri May 14 22:50:12 UTC 2004

Waldher, Travis R wrote:
> [...]

(no comment on the last tidbit :-D )

And you're not limited to some Windows variant and Linux...there's lots
of OSes that vmware supports.  I don't own it or have a lot of
experience with it, but on most accounts it works pretty well.

win4lin works, but there are memory limits on the Windows session (I
think it's 256MB in the current release) and you need a tweaked kernel
for it.  They (Netraverse) do a pretty good job of having ready-to-go
downloadable kernels, but they're not current with the latest ones.  If
you want the absolute latest kernel, you need to patch the source and
build it yourself.  Not a horrible job, but not one for amateurs or the
faint of heart.

And yes, I know.  I'm a gigadork (actually, I prefer "teranerd").
-    If your broker is so damned smart...why is he still working?    -