kernel recompiling

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Thu May 20 16:29:40 UTC 2004

invincible invincible invincible wrote:

> hello all.
> is there anybody who can tell me what is the source rpm for the kernel in red hat linux 9.0 . and how to recompile kernel and install it from the source."the steps".or a link where i can get layman steps to do the same.
> regards,
> mr invincible

There are lots of kernels for 8.0.  It depends on whether or not you
updated your kernel (which you ABSOLUTELY should have done).

The kernel source RPM is named, strangely enough,
"kernel-source-(version).i386.rpm", with "(version)" replaced by your
kernel version.  Your current kernel version number is given by the
command "uname -r".

Instructions for building a kernel are at:

	http://www.rhil.net/docs/kernelbuild.html
-    If your broker is so damned smart...why is he still working?    -