FW: Kickstart partition woes

Gordon McDowall gordon.mcdowall at fasthosts.co.uk
Mon May 24 11:15:08 UTC 2004

Hi

I recently sent the following email to the general Redhat list but got no
reply, I was hoping that someone on this list might be able to help
out...please!

I am currently trying to upgrade a server from Redhat 7.2 to Redhat
Enterprise 3.0, the server is running raid and I would like to keep the
/home partition intact and basically do a full install on the remaining /
/boot and /var partitions.   When I try the install it always errors out
with the error "unable to locate raid device None for /home" but as far as I
can see the partition section of the kickstart file is fine, does anyone
have any suggestions as to what may be the issue.
Here is a copy of the partition section of the ks.cfg file

#Disk partitioning information
part raid.01 --onpart sda1
part raid.03 --onpart sda2
part swap --onpart sda3
part raid.05 --onpart sda6 --noformat
part raid.07 --onpart sda5
part raid.02 --onpart sdb1
part raid.04 --onpart sdb2
part swap --onpart sdb3
part raid.06 --onpart sdb6 --noformat
part raid.08 --onpart sdb5
raid /boot --level=1 --device=md0 --fstype ext2 raid.01 raid.02
raid / --level=1 --device=md1 --fstype ext3 raid.03 raid.04
raid /var --level=1 --device=md2 --fstype ext3 raid.07 raid.08
raid /home --level=1 --device=md3 --fstype ext3 --noformat raid.05 raid.06

Thanks, any suggestions appreciated

Gordon McDowall