Sendmail installed?

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Mon May 24 17:54:27 UTC 2004

Dan_MailLists wrote:
>>On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 07:09:05PM +0200, Dan_MailLists wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Bob,
>>>
>>>I see :/bin: in the middle of the path string, but if I look at that
>
> folder
>
>>>I can't see rpm in there?
>>
>>Are you sure this is a Red Hat installation?  The rpm RPM is
>>fundamental to an RH installation.  Is this perhaps some other Linux
>>distro?
>>
>>Also, please don't top post.  Bottom post (post under the message to
>>which you are replying.
>>
>>Answer: Because it makes it easier to follow the thread of discussion.
>>
>>Question: Why should I not top post?
>>
>>Cheers,
>>--
>>Bob McClure, Jr.             Bobcat Open Systems, Inc.
>>robertmcclure at earthlink.net  http://www.bobcatos.com
>>BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth
>

> Heh, sorry. Good example.
>
> Anyway, I'm told its RH7.2 by the managed server providers, 1and1.co.uk
>
> I'll continue this in my answer to Rick's email in the new thread....

That's cool.  Can you access the machine via ssh or something?  If so,
you can find what OS it's running by using the command "cat /etc/issue".
You can find the current kernel version via "uname -r".  You can see
which version of sendmail it's running via "sendmail -bt -d0.1", then
hitting "CTRL-D".
-           If it's stupid and it works...it ain't stupid!           -