403 forbidden error

Ajai Khattri ajai at bway.net
Fri May 28 22:36:33 UTC 2004

On Fri, 28 May 2004, abdulahad shaikh wrote:

> I wanted to host a internal portal on ip address , i
> dont have fqdn now,  did changes on the httpd.conf
> located in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file and i also
> changed the ownership of the file as chown
> apache.apache readme.html
> but still getting this error.

You must make the folder readable too "others", i.e. chmod 755 folder
(You may also need to make the parent folder readable too).

Remember: Apache runs as a different user so as far as file permissions
go, it comes under the "other" category so you must give "others" access.

--
Aj.
Sys. Admin / Developer