the RH9.0 server can't boot now with the following error message

administrator tootai admin at tootai.net
Mon May 31 08:33:49 UTC 2004

Yan Peng a écrit :

>redhat-install-list:
>

>OS: RH 9.0
>Platform: Dell 2600
>The server can't boot now with the following messages:

>Red Hat/Adaptec aacraid driver, Apr. 13, 2004
>/lib/aacraid.o : init module
>Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO/IRQ parameters.
>Error: /bin/insmod exited abnormally.

You have problem with your aacraid.o module i never uses them but I'm
pretty sure that he can't find your root disk.

>Mounting /proc filesystem
>Creating block devices
>Creating root devices
>Mounting Root filesystem
>Kjournald Starting
>EXT3-fs mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.
>Pivotroot: pivot_root (sy;sroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed: 2
>umount /initrd/proc: failed: 2
>Free unused kernel memory: 156K
>Kernel panic: No init food, Try passing init= option to kernel

Confirmation from above

>--end
>
>The the booting stopped.
>
>I did nothing except upgrading  some application rpm packages( not kernel rpm packages). And the server worked normal after upgrading. But the server can't be booted after I submitted reboot command.

And you didn't change HDD connection?

>Moreover if I enter "linux rescue" mode, the run "chroot /mnt/sysimage" command, I can find all the file are there.

Ok. So try a modprobe aacraid at this step and check your logs

>I'd like to know what seems wrong  with the server?

Remember _everything_ you changed ;-) and you will find your solution.

>Thank you very much!

Welcome
--
Daniel