7.3 and ldap

Francisco Ruiz fruiz at tsitrucks.com
Fri Nov 5 20:20:03 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-install-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Rick
Stevens
Sent: Friday, November 05, 2004 1:15 PM
To: Getting started with Red Hat Linux
Subject: Re: 7.3 and ldap

Francisco Ruiz wrote:
> Trying to join domain I get "Cannot find KDC for requested realm". I
> used "net ads join -U administrator".  What gives?  I get this message

> for two machines a 7.3 and a 8.0.  I can see the 7.3 in the my network

> places.

Are you sure you've got the /etc/samba/smb.conf set up right?  By
default, the system will try to join as a member of the domain, and if
you don't have the right domain, it won't be able to find the domain
controller for it.

Here is my smb.conf file

[root at ruizlinux openldap]# testparm
Processing section "[homes]"
Processing section "[printers]"
Loaded services file OK.
Server role: ROLE_DOMAIN_MEMBER

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = TSIDOMAIN
        server string = samba server
        security = DOMAIN
        password server = tsidc.tsidomain.com
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        dns proxy = No
        wins server = 192.168.8.2
        default service = global
        idmap uid = 10000-20000
        idmap gid = 10000-20000
        template shell = /bin/bash
        winbind separator = /

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        browseable = No

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        printable = Yes
        browseable = No
[root at ruizlinux openldap]# net ads join -U administrator
administrator password:
[2004/11/05 15:33:12, 0] libads/kerberos.c:ads_kinit_password(132)
  kerberos_kinit_password administrator at TSIDOMAIN.COM failed: Cannot
find KDC for requested realm
[root at ruizlinux openldap]#

-  You know you've landed gear-up when it takes full power to taxi.  -
-                                                -- Chuck Yeager     -
redhat-install-list-request at redhat.com